Friday, August 27, 2010

Boo Hoo Im all alone with my Stew...

Tonight we had Beef and Ale stew...
I made a large stew for me and my husband to enjoy tonight and tomorrow. It was almost done simmering for three hours when he got called back into work. I was waiting for a night like this to come along. I'm already making these home cooked meals just for me and my husband but as fall comes my husbands work demands get greater and many nights I will be cooking for one. I will still make the entire batch but left overs never taste as good as fresh.

Ok on with the dinner.. The stew was very good and one of the first I have made in a long time. It seemed bland compared to the flavor varieties the night before however paired with some noodles this recipe is a great winter meal. You can make a big pot and eat it for several nights and I'm sure it would be a great way to get kids to eat veggies. Don't worry about the beer that's in it because all the alcohol cooks away and the beer taste is not left behind. I hate beer smell and taste so I promise its not there in the end.

One of the things I did like about this recipe was I could make the pot while my baby was taking a nap earlier in the afternoon and then I stuck it in the over. This stew stays in the oven for three hours after you take it off the stove top. So when it was dinner time it was nice and warm but I could do other things before dinner that needed to be done.

I took some picks of the ingredients rather than the actual meal since stew doesn't exactly make a pretty picture as a final product. I recommend this stew as a cheap meal for a large family or those who want left overs. This meal would be just the right pick for cooler weather to warm up the house and the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment