Sunday, December 26, 2010

Coffee brazed roast beef with veggies and gravy

That's right I said it. I found a way to mix coffee with good ole fashion meat and potatoes. 1 cup of strongly brewed coffee cooked for 3.5 hours with carrots, potatoes, celery, 2lbs of roast beef, and topped with a little red wine vinegar. After this no fuss crock pot mill was done cooking I had my sweet husband carve the roast while I turned our coffee based brew into gravy. Now my husband can't even stand the smell of coffee so no worries about eaters who don't like coffee. The coffee base gives a rich seasoned taste to the meat with out the use of a ton of salt or the use of any wine. The gravy has a taste similar to traditional wine based gravy. This is a great winter meal to help keep you warm and out of hibernation mode and serves well with lovely bright colors such as bright orange, green, dark brown, and a light pink to your meat. Even better is the no mess cooking of the crock pot and you can keep it warm in the crock pot and easily serve again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment